But there is still time to get in a bit of fun outdoors! Why is it that June and July speed by in the blink of an eye? Take advantage of the beautiful weather and God’s scenery with fun summer activities to get you outside. With just a few weeks before the leaves turn and the crisp air rolls in, make a check list or summer bucket list of last minute things you wanted to do but just “didn’t have time for”!
Do something nostalgic!
- Catch a drive in movie – sometimes they play classics!
- Eat carnival food at the county fair – cotton candy, hot dogs and funnel cake!
- Play miniature golf – I think it has been 10 years since I played mini golf!
- Catch fireflies
Enjoy summer food!
- Hit up a farmer’s market – support local farmers and enjoy summer fresh snacks!
- Roast some marshmallows and enjoy classic s’mores
- Break out the BBQ – ribs, corn on the cob or fresh fish make the perfect summer dinner!
- Enjoy some freshly squeezed lemonade
Take some time to relax!
- Take an afternoon nap in a hammock
- Stargaze under the bright night sky
- Read a book on a lazy Sunday – or select a few of your favorite chapters from Unifaith!
- Pack up the car and hit the campgrounds – just check ahead of time for fire restrictions.
- Take a hike – local hikes in the summer are a great way to stay active and enjoy the fresh air.
- Enjoy watersports – swim in a lake, go canoeing or kayaking, go fishing, paddle boarding or surfing!
- Take a bike ride
- Enjoy local festivals, art shows and outdoor concerts
- Take a road trip to a nearby place you haven’t been before
- Hit up a baseball game – there is something so fun about a day baseball game, even if baseball is not your favorite thing!
Enjoying your local community and the nature around you is one of the best ways to reconnect with the world around you and enhance your spirituality. Marvel at the beauty of summer – the colors of wildflowers, smell of a summer thunderstorm and warmth of the sun.